As we prepare to take our class field trip to the middle school, think about what it means to be a 7th grader. You may need to draft your post in two parts to successfully complete this. In at least 2 paragraphs, answer the following:
- What are you excited for in middle school, and what are you nervous about? Explain with examples (perhaps you have stories from friends or siblings that are influencing your thoughts.)
- After visiting Eastlake Middle, what did you enjoy the most about the field trip? What is something you didn’t know before that you find interesting or would like to learn more about in 7th grade?
Dear Parents & Families of Room 414 —
Happy Presidents’ & Valentine’s Day! Please take a moment to review some important details about Camp, Eastlake Middle School, and Parent Conferences.
- Camp Store money deposits – The last day I’ll accept any cash towards your child’s Camp Store purchases will be Friday, Feb. 19th. Students are not limited to how much they deposit. Any leftover money will be returned to the child at the end of camp. I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT MONEY THE MORNING OF CAMP!
- Camp Equipment & Clothes – Please review the list of appropriate items to pack and NOT pack. The weather has been unusual since January. Layers are recommended. No electronics of any kind – phones, iPads, digital cameras. Disposable cameras are ok. Students are expected to carry their own luggage. Pack what is necessary, not just what they want!
- Medications – All medications need to be in sealed containers with the prescription label. If your child gets sick the weekend before camp, any over-the-counter medication needs to be in the original packaging and appropriate for their age. Students may not even have cough drops in their possession. All meds will be collected by our school nurse and kept at the Camp Marston Health Office.
- Parent Letters – You will be able to turn in as many sealed letters to your child as you’d like, with me on the morning we leave. Some parents write on each envelope, the day of the week they’d like their child to read the letter (ie. Jane Smith-Monday, Jane Smith-Tuesday..etc). This is a great way for younger siblings to say “hi” to their brothers or sisters. If you forget, another mail delivery may be collected at Camarena in the middle of the week, and our principals may bring these up during their visit. Please DO NOT directly mail to Camp Marston, because it will not get there in time. No care packages please- letters only.
Eastlake Middle School course registration
6th Grade had an hour-long orientation of Eastlake Middle School onFeb.11th. Your child has an important packet to share with you about selecting his/her 7th grade elective. All the details are in the packet. A minor mistake: please DISREGARD any stapled orange slip regarding Dual Immersion. This was a mistake on the middle school’s part. For parents interested in learning more or visiting the campus, a separate parent orientation will be held at Eastlake Middle on March 3rd for Camarena. All registration packets can be turned in to Mrs. Hughes by March 9th.
Student-Led Parent Conferences
Please save the dates of March 10-18. These will be Parent Conference days. This time, your child will be in charge, making a presentation of their learning. A separate Google Form will be emailed soon, for you to choose your conference day & time.